Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Who is the center of the world?

My father (A) and step-mother (M) were visiting for ten days, until this evening. I survived. I brought them to the intensive trapeze workshop this weekend. I was not the only one who encouraged them to try, but they remained screwed to the grass, although enjoying every minute of the weekend at 'Club Getaway'. Club Getaway is exactly like a Club Med, but the latter has a bad name in France. A & M refused to accept any similarity. Not that they have ever been to Club Med, as far as I know.

A & M were wondering about why Skinny Bunny's was so cool towards them. M, with her usual depth of analysis, suggested that Skinny Bunny had constructed a fantasmatic scenario construing them (A & M) as some kind of... there was no elaboration, but the conclusion was: they don't hold anything against her.

Little did they know that it had nothing to do with them. Little did I know that it had so much to do with me and my unbearable pride. In nay case, who wants to bother spending time seeking the answer to such a question? Not me. I'll remain proud and unbearable in any case.

A crepe filled with caramelized banana and melted chocolate. That was my dessert at lunch.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

You are a star! Certainly a bright, celestial being, but not the center of my universe :)