Monday, October 09, 2006

A month goes by

Skinny Bunny sent me an email today: "Add a task in your task list to update your blog." There it is.

My first subtask was to read Skinny Bunny's blog. She has made progress not only in trapeze but also in writing. Her blog is funnier, lighter. It was a pleasure to read one month worth (I had indeed stopped reading).

First, weight. Here are the graphs. Weight is:
And body fat is:
And Excel doesn't want to remove the furnerary border, but let it be known that horizontal lines appear every half point, and that it starts at 16. The average line is at 17.5.

Notice how the weight went down until my first trapeze show (I did two of them, the second one was attended by Skinny Bunny, my girlfriend, and about twenty other fans), then shot up. Crisis of will? Job done? Anxiety provoked by visiting father and stepmother (with whom I have very little contact otherwise)? Having stopped Wellbutrin, the miracle antidepressant that makes you lose weight?

Am I asking a why question?

Let's review the facts: the body fat hasn't really gone back up. I gained a lot of strength in the past few weeks. I can now do six pull ups in a row for the first time in my life. Delighted with this result, I got a pull up bar today (the 'Door Gym' kind, that you install and remove at will, the one that doesn't damage the door frame), and set up a task to be able to do ten in a row by Dec 4th. Skinny Bunny will have one too soon, I'm sure.

Skinny Bunny complains about her mental block regarding the pull over shoot. I was impressed about how hard she worked on it, how she wouldn't let go. I suspect that something else happened that she didn't talk about: The first few times, the guy on the line helped her by pulling as she did her pull over. The third time she tried on Saturday morning, the first time she was not able to complete her pull over, the guy on the line had stopped giving the little extra help, and I believe that he never did it again. So, in summary, and I may be wrong, I believe that Skinny Bunny did not regress, but is just struggling with a difficult move.

I tried the pull over shoot twice a few months ago. I was able to pull over without any problem. Most likely the line guy helped me too at the time.

Did I mention that my static trapeze show went very well? It was only 2 minutes and 46 seconds, as the remastered Pink Panther theme on which I was performing Clouzeaux-in-the-air can attest, but I loved it, and can't wait for a the next show in March. Maybe a spy story this time?

I started the diet and hence the blog in order to get ready for the show. I could say: mission accomplished. I got under 150 lbs for a few fleeting days. However, I feel compelled to continue, to get back to this far gone 150, to reduce my body fat to under 16%. Why do I feel this compulsion? Don't you ever learn? Never ask why because you can ask why forever.

No comments: