Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Magic of Chemistry

Skinny Bunny recently posted some numbers. Time to post mine.


I stopped taking Wellbutrin around September 23rd. In other words, whatever I called 'my will to lose weight' was amounting for naught. Well, I decided to stop being so careful after my trapeze show, and I had numerous desserts. That "decision', too, is suspect. It was simply too hard to resist dessert. Before the 23rd, I could watch the dessert table (very consequential at the cafeteria at work -- and it's free) without a second thought. Wellbutrin was acting directly on my desire to eat. Time to eat some horribly bitter pill after each dessert.

The kind souls will notice that my body fat has not gone back up to it's starting 18.5%. The less kind soul will look at (unpublished) data and point to the average body fat over the past six months: oscillating between 17.5% and 18%. In other words, my attempt to lose weight has failed miserably, and once again I must turn to Skinny Bunny, whose trend is down without chemicals and hence with only the force of her will. I don't believe I have free will, but it doesn't mean she doesn't either. She probably does. How could she be so opinionated otherwise?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skinny Hare! Maybe the whole point is that you don't need to lose weight. You are looking better than ever since I've met you.

Having said that, the supertight trapeze shirts do reveal ... well... everything. So while you really don't need to, if you want to lose a few pounds, perhaps you should try writing down everything you eat :)