Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The routine

We are now firmly established in a daily routine, after two days. Routine is rather boring, actually, and I am thinking of moving on soon to another goal. Soon could be tomorrow. The goal could be set so as to answer the question: 'How does it feel to weigh 200 pounds?'

I have a spreadsheet that records my weight since March 1st 2003, sometimes on a daily basis, sometimes with long periods of silence, like when I was in India for a few months. Sometimes, I show it proudly to an acquaintance. They think I am crazy. More data is better than less, I say. And: Look, here I went from 164 pounds to 154 in three months. This means I can do it again. If I didn't have this data, I couldn't know for sure I had been able to do that. I don't trust memory.

Indian food tonight with N. I ate thirty grains of rice.

Skinny Bunny, I noticed you left some comments on my previous postings. How kind of you.

No comments: