Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Universal Law

I stumbled upon a universal law this evening: Working out with a group of young and attractive women is not conducive to working out with care.

During the conditioning part of my Fly/Bounce/Crunch class, we did some exercises on the silk, where I could show off (I am very strong... for a woman). But when it came to stretching, I came to forget that the show off time was over. One leg in the silk, the other on the ground, doing as much of a split as I could, first on my good side, hearing my workout-mates say: "whao". Then on my bad side, hearing my leg say: "Tchonk".

It doesn't hurt at this time, but if I remember well from a similar mishap in my extreme stretching class, as my body cools down, it will barely be able to walk, and same with me, as I never walk without my body. For now: ibuprofen by the truckload and, as the ice pack pamphlet says: RICE -- Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate. Much less conspicuous than if it had said: IIII - Ice, Ice, Ice, Ice.

No comments: